IGCSE Practice: First Language English

In the Language class, we are praticing for the IGCSE exams. Our teacher asked us to upload one of the mocks we did. In this opportunity, I was asked to write a letter of complaint.

Imagine you are Elsie Clinch. Write a letter of complaint to the tour company.
In your letter you should:
  • Describe the tour bous and the route
  • Give your impressions of the driver and the office staff
  • Recommend some actions the company should take to improve the experience.
     Dear Sir,
  I was recently a passenger on one of your tours and I honestly have to admit that my experience was no pleasant at all. The office staff and driver´s attitude was not adequated. In addition, the tour bus was not the arranged one and the route was not the one that appeared in the brochure.
  In my personal opinion, it was improper to change the bus at last minute for a worse one, a deplorable minibus. vWhat bothered me the most was the lack of seat belts since it is insecure and dangerous to both the driver and the passengers. As regards the route, it was not the one in the brochure. We went through a dark and foggy path. We could not even see any cafe, petrol station or shop. Moreover, the landscape was totally deteriorated and rocky which made the journey even more unpleasant. At the end, as it was going upwards i could see we where at the border of a gorge, which made me feel insecure and frightened. 
  Concerning the driver and the office staff, I believe the behaviour and management of both was totally unprofessional. I was shocked since the first moment I sat on the bus as the driver claimed that the complaints regarding the seat belts should be sent to the office staff. I felt this was totally inadequated as both the driver and the office staff belong to the same company, so both should be in charge of this problem. Furthermore, he driver´s attitude was disrepectful as he threw things on the floor. What's more, he played very loud music and acted as a disc jockey, bothering everyone.
  In my personal opinio, there are some aspects I would like to highlight so the company can make some improvements as regards these trios. First of all, I would entirely recommend you to accomplish the promises that are shown in the brochure, so people can trust the company. Secondly, I would suggest evaluating in a more professional and detailed way the drivers and staff, as they are the ones in charged of the passengers during the whole journey. Finally, I belive it would be great if the riders have some minuted to take pictures, regard and admire the different amazing landscapes.
  
I hope my opinion and suggestions can help the company to improve.
   Yours sincerely, 

                                                                         Elsie Clinch


Funny gift that could represent the dirver´s crazy and unprofessional attitude.

This could represent the deplorable landscape and how foggy it was that nothing could be seen.



Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

AS Art

EM - Climates

Fotografía